Are you a Tennessee resident or are you getting married in Tennessee and you want to save $60 on your Tennessee marriage license? With our notarized certificate following the completion of our four hour Tennessee Premarital Course, you can do just that for just $27.97! We here at D’Arienzo Psychology are excited to help you take this next step toward marital happiness and success, and want to help deepen your relationship with your future spouse. Keep reading for Dr. D’Arienzo’s How to Recognize a Narcissist:
How can a narcissist be pinpointed? I’m Dr. D’Arienzo, a clinical psychologist. Here are five signs that you could be dealing with a narcissist.
Even constructive criticism is too much for their fragile self-esteem to handle when given. Feedback seems like a direct assault.
Losing Control: Because it contradicts their inflated self-image, they feel powerless when they lose control of the situations and people around them.
They need attention and praise, so when they are ignored or don’t receive what they believe they are due, they pout, become irritated, and become furious.
Exposure: In order to preserve their inflated self-image, they adopt a fake persona, but when their flaws or manipulations are revealed, they launch an assault.
When they lose a competition, they become angry, make excuses, and “file away” a major grudge because they believe they are better than others and feel inferior when they are defeated. Losing affects a narcissist personally.
We all have some of these traits, of course, but a narcissist would have them all to the fullest. If this describes you or the person you are dating, get professional treatment.
The DSM-V-TR lists the following as some instances of the clinical signs of narcissism:
- Grandiosity (fantasy or conduct) and a desire for adulation, as well as a lack of empathy, are widespread patterns that start by early adulthood, as shown by at least five of the following:
- A inflated perception of one’s own significance (exaggerates accomplishments, expects to be seen as superior without achieving the accomplishments, etc.)
- Obsession with idealized visions of power, intelligence, prosperity, beauty, or perfect love.
- A conviction that they are “special” and should only interact with similarly special individuals (or institutions).
- Necessitate overwhelming awe.
- Possess an entitlement mentality, such as an unreasonable expectation of favorable treatment or fulfillment of expectations).
- Has little empathy and cannot understand the needs of others
- Frequently feel jealous of others or believe that others feel jealous of them.
- Show off snobby, arrogant behaviors and attitudes.
- Utilizes people in an exploitative manner to achieve their own interests.
Evaluation of long-term patterns of functioning is necessary for the diagnosis of NPD as well as other personality disorders. The diagnosis is undoubtedly overused and over spoken of in today’s society. A psychologist or psychiatrist should be the only ones to make the diagnosis.
Taking a premarital education course is vital for equipped couples to share a lifetime of marital bliss and happiness. D’Arienzo Psychology wants to help you prepare for your life together. Dr. Justin D’Arienzo is our Board-Certified Clinical Psychologist and Relationship Expert. Dr. D’Arienzo has serviced this course to couples since 2013. Hundreds of couples recommend our course and claim that it has helped set a solid foundation for marital success. Research suggests that couples who take a premarital preparation course gain an advantage over couples that do not take a premarital preparation course.
Dr. D’Arienzo wanted to develop a fully efficient, online, fully automated, fun premarital course that teaches couples how to work together. Dr. D’Arienzo has perfected all of our exercises and information to ensure that couples gain the knowledge they need. He also offers this course to couples planning on tying the knot in Florida, Georgia, Texas, Tennessee, South Carolina, Oklahoma, and Minnesota.
Do you want to lead a happy marriage that lasts a lifetime? Do you want to have fun and gain inside knowledge about marriage from a leading psychologist? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then our Tennessee Online Premarital Education Course is right for you! You can learn more about our Tennessee Online Premarital Preparation.